Landcare and Bushcare Groups in Greater Sydney
- Find a group in your local area Are you interested in making a difference to the environment while meeting like-minded people and learning new skills? Join one of the hundreds of landcare and bushcare groups listed on the NSW Landcare Gateway website www.landcare.nsw.gov.au. You can also access the "Find a group" map on the Greater Sydney Landcare Network webpage, or you can talk to your local Council.
- Starting a new landcare group Can't find a local group or would like to start your own? Visit our "Starting a landcare group" page to find out more.
- Floating Landcare If you enjoy working with others, travelling by river, and have a yearning for adventure with an environmental twist Floating Landcare is for you. You can download the 2016 Floating Landcare activities calendar here. Contact: Rebecca Mooy, Senior Land Services Officer on (02) 4724 2120 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Greater Sydney Local Land Services Landcare Strategy 2015-2020 We have developed a Landcare Strategy to guide how Greater Sydney Local Land Services supports, celebrates and promotes landcare activity across the region. The Strategy is effective from 2015 to 2020 and includes an internal Action Plan that is updated annually. Read the Landcare Strategy.
Landcare Networks in Greater Sydney
- Greater Sydney Landcare Network A community-run network that aims to connect and support bushcare and landcare volunteers from across the greater Sydney region http://greatersydneylandcare.org
- Hawkesbury Landcare Network A new community-based organisation that supports landholders and volunteers to work toward sustainable agriculture and natural resource aims. Contact the HLN Local Landcare Coordinator Sonia Lee on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Coast Community Environment Network works with local groups to support ecologically sustainable development. http://www.cen.org.au/
- Equine Landcare Network The aim of the Greater Sydney Equine Landcare Network is to connect and inform horse owners in the region about training opportunities and sustainable property information. Network information is shared by an electronic newsletter. Emails are sent once or twice a month and you can join the network by emailing email@example.com.
- Cattai Hills Environment Network Supporting landholders in the Cattai and Little Cattai Creek catchments in the Hills Distrcit of north west Sydney. Contact Xuela Sledge on firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for volunteers and coordinators
There are a range of resources for both volunteer coordinators and volunteers. Visit our "Resources for volunteers and coordinators" page to find out more.
Other Landcare Organisations
- Landcare NSW Inc is a state-wide community based Landcare network that acts a collective voice for Landcare across NSW. They have also created some great resources including "Landcare in A Box", a one-stop-shop for all your policies, forms and Landcare related fact sheets. www.landcarensw.org.au
- Landcare Australia Ltd is a national not-for-profit organisation that supports Landcare by creating resources, providing grants to Landcare groups, and attracting corporate sponsorship. They have a range of useful resources to help you manage your Landcare or Bushcare group including a New Landcare Group Start Kit, a Landcare Social Media Kit and a range of promotional templates and logos. www.landcareonline.com.au