2017 Greater Sydney Regional Landcare Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2017 Greater Sydney Regional Landcare Awards.
Who can enter?
Any one involved in projects that care for our land or water in the Greater Sydney Local Land services region is welcome to apply. The term 'Landcare' refers to all groups, individuals, organisations and activities that care for the land. This includes, but is not limited to: Landcare, Coastcare, Bushcare, Dunecare, Rivercare, 'Friends of' groups, farmers, professional farming systems groups, natural resource management, Junior Landcare (including day care centres, primary and secondary schools, youth groups, scout groups, etc.), Urban Landcare and Indigenous Landcare.
How to nominate
Microsoft Word versions of nominations will also be accepted but they must strictly adhere to the 300 word limit for each criterion. Each nomination also allows you to upload up to five pieces of supporting documentation and requires the details of two referees.
For full details see the Categories and Selection Criteria document.
- Individual Landcarer - This award will be made to an individual volunteer who carries out and promotes Landcare through practical on-ground or community awareness activities.
- Innovation in Sustainable Farm Practices - This award will be made to a primary producer or enterprise which has implemented innovative farm and/or land management practices to improve natural resource management and productivity outcomes. The term innovation in this award should be defined as the demonstration of early adoption, excellence and/or leading-edge projects or practices. Eligible primary producers or enterprises may include an agricultural co-operative, network, agricultural industry association, research group, private business or primary producer.
- Government Partnerships with Landcare - This award will be made to a local or regional authority for innovation and excellence in creating partnerships with their Landcare community. Local or regional authorities in this award category may include a local council, natural resource management regional body, or another local or regional agency.
- Coastcare Award - This award will be made to a community group/network for excellence in activities that have contributed to the significant improvement of local coastal and/or marine environments, including estuaries, coastal and marine wetlands and salt marsh ecosystems.
- Junior Landcare Team - This award will be made to a youth organization or young Landcare team that contributes to raising awareness, knowledge and understanding of Landcare amongst young people up to the age of 18, and implements Landcare practices on its own property or within the local community. For this award, youth organisations include primary schools, secondary schools and youth groups such as scouts.
- Young Landcare Leader - This award will be made to an individual between the ages of 15-35 years who carries out and/or promotes excellence in Landcare through on-ground or awareness raising activities, as a volunteer or paid employee. You may nominate yourself or a person from your community for this award.
- Indigenous Land Management - This award will be made to an outstanding indigenous community group or individual that is working towards improving land use and/or enhancing or protecting an area on behalf of the community.
- Landcare Community Group - This award will be made to an outstanding community group that is working towards sustainable land use and/or is undertaking on-ground action to protect, enhance or restore an area on behalf of the community.
Nominations close on Sunday 30th April 2017. Winners will be announced at the Greater Sydney Regional Landcare Bushcare Forum held at Taronga Zoo on Friday 19th May 2017.
To discuss a nomination or for more information please contact Vanessa Keyzer, Greater Sydney Local Land Services Regional Landcare Facilitator, on (02) 4724 2118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Greater Sydney Local Land Services will nominate all regional category award winners to the New South Wales Landcare Awards to be held in Albury in October 2017.