Soil & Land Program
This program invests in rehabilitating degraded land, controlling soil erosion, improving soil health and promoting continuous improvement in sustainable land management.
Funding may be available for:
- Fencing according to land capability
- Sub-division fencing of large paddocks to improve pasture and grazing management.
- Alternate watering points where stock are excluded from watering points or paddocks are subdivided.
- Assistance in the setting up of drought lots in appropriate areas.
- The establishment of tree lots in conjunction with other activities.
- Remediation of minor/sheet erosion.
- Application of recycled organic compost to improve soil condition
- Assistance to implement minor earthworks and improve stock facilities where there is a direct benefit to water quality.
Education and training activities are also offered to help landholders improve land management practices to achieve more sustainable and productive agricultural systems.