Resources for landcare volunteers and coordinators
Resources for coordinators
- Volunteer Coordinators Network (Natural Areas) Sydney Region (VCN) is an Australia-wide network of people employed to co-ordinate community volunteer involvement in natural resource management . The Sydney Region VCN meets quarterly hosted by different organisations across Greater Sydney. Please contact please contact Vanessa Keyzer, Regional Landcare Facilitator on 02 4724 2118 or email email@example.com
- Volcoord email network is an email group for the members of the VCN. To join the Volcoord email group, email your contacts details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greater Sydney Local Land Services Volunteer Coordinators Manual The 2015, fourth edition of the Volunteer Coordinators Manual includes 39 new case studies that show the diversity of environmental volunteer programs in urban and rural areas throughout Australia.
- The Bushcare Boosters workshop program aims to assist bushcare coordinators to help volunteers value and understand their Bushcare work as part of the big picture of biodiversity restoration across Australia. Three modules were produced. Download Bushcare Boosters.
Resources for volunteers
- The Bushcare Website is a national website dedicated to promoting Bushcare and getting interested individuals volunteering with their local group.
- Sydney Nature Carers Network (SNaC) is a Yahoo Group of people who take an active interest in the natural environment within Sydney. If you would like to participate in the group send your name and details to SNaCemail@example.com.
Other online resources
A range of professional resources are available to assist volunteer program managers and supervisors to set up, manage and reinvigorate their long-term environmental programs.
- Landcare Toolbox - Landcare NSW has produced a number of resources, funded by the State Government Landcare Support Program, including Governance Checklists, Factsheets, Landcare Policy Templates and Insurance Information.
- New Landcare Group Starter Kit - Landcare Australia Ltd has produced a helpful booklet telling everything you need to know about starting a new Landcare group.
- Landcare in Your School - produced in 2012 this guide provides case, studies, lesson plans and other useful information for starting a Landcare group or activity in your high school.
- In Safe Hands Tool Kit - make sure your volunteers are always safe! This Toolkit provides resources for community groups to ensure their 'duty of care' is met.
- Youth Engagement and Landcare: A How To Kit - a guide to helping local Landcare groups to look to the future by fostering and encouraging a new generation of Landcarers.