Community Landcare Grants
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE GRANTS HAVE NOW CLOSED.
Grants of $5,000 - $30,000 over 18 months are now available for community groups, including Landcare and other environmental groups, as well as landholders in the Greater Sydney region.
Applications open Monday 1st May 2017 and close Monday 5th June 2017.
Projects must align with at least one of the Strategic Objectives developed for the Australian Government's National Landcare Programme:
- Projects that aim to maintain and improve ecosystem services through sustainable management of local and regional landscapes. Activities funded may include weed and pest control, bush regeneration, erosion management, fencing, plant propagation and revegetation, actions that protect for threatened species, development of management plans, community participation and engagement activities and training that contribute to the protection and restoration of ecosystem function, resilience and biodiversity.
- Projects that aim to build community awareness, participation, skills and knowledge in caring for their environment, including Aboriginal knowledge and participation. Activities funded may include the delivery of workshops, training courses, awareness raising events, booklets, signage, media and other activities designed to build awareness, improve skills and knowledge and/or promote the conservation and enhancement of biodiversity.
Download the EOI application and guidelines
- Read the guidelines carefully before completing the online Expression of Interest form.
- Check out the example form to assist you with the information required for the online Expression of Interest form.
- Make sure you complete the Project Plan and Budget template and attach to your online form.
- If your project includes on-ground works such as bush regeneration, you will need to complete a basic map of your project site with your application by going to the online mapping tool.
- Complete the Expression of Interest online form. Please note this form doesn't allow you to save and resume part way through and so please be prepared to complete the entire form in one sitting.
If you are having trouble opening any of these documents or accessing the online form via the internet please contact your nearest Greater Sydney Local Land Services office.
Greater Sydney Community Landcare Grants is supported through funding from the Australian Government's National Landcare Programme.