National Carp Control Plan Community Briefing Session
23rd Nov 2017 6:00pm-8:00pm
Woodriff Room, Penrith Panthers, Mulgoa Rd
ContactVanessa Keyzer 02 4724 2118
Residents are invited to attend a community briefing on the National Carp Control Plan session hosted by Greater Sydney Local Land Services.
The National Carp Control Plan (NCCP) is exploring the possible release of the carp virus, Cyprinid herpesvirus 3, as a biocontrol agent, to reduce the prevalence of carp in our waterways.
The NCCP team will share with residents
- what the NCCP program is all about
- why carp are a national problem
- the extensive research and work currently underway
- the timeline for the project
- why we need your help to shape the Plan
Residents will also have an opportunity to contribute feedback to the NCCP on
- the prevalence of carp in their local waterways
- how the waterways are currently being used by the community
- the benefits or impacts carp reduction may have on the community
Working collaboratively with communities to ensure healthy river systems and waterways - and healthier communities. For more information visit www.carp.gov.au
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for catering purposes.